Craig E. Miley
Email MeCraig E. Miley
Craig E. Miley graduated with honors from the University of Texas at Austin in 1976 and attended graduate studies in Political Economy before attending law school. He earned his Juris Doctor from the Southern Methodist University School of Law in 1980. His interest and specialty in immigration and nationality law began while he was completing his law degree. He has also earned Board Certification in 1987 in Immigration and Nationality Law from the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He is admitted to practice in the U.S. 5th Circuit Court of Appeals, the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, as well as the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts.
In 1997, Mr. Miley was listed by D Magazine as one of five immigration attorneys in their article titled "The 250 Best Lawyers in Dallas/Fort Worth". For the past seven years he was listed by Texas Monthly as a "Texas Super Lawyer". And, he has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America for each of the past twelve years.
Areas of Practice
- 100% Immigration and Nationality Law
Certified Legal Specialties
- Immigration and Nationality Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1987
- Texas, 1980
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1980
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 1985
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1991
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas
- J.D. - 1980
- University of Texas at Dallas, Dallas, Texas
- B.A. summa cum laude - 1976
- Major: Political Science
Honors and Awards
- "The 250 Best Lawyers in Dallas/Fort Worth"
- Texas Monthly Super Lawyer, 2003 - 2005
- The Best Lawyers In America, 1998
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, 1985 - Present